If a set of groups in your course is set up to auto-enroll students, when you copy the course’s content, students who are already enrolled in the course are not automatically enrolled in any of the groups.
This means that some of the students in your course will not be enrolled in groups and likely will not be able to access some parts of your course site. It’s particularly problematic if you have group discussion boards. To enroll students in a group who are not already assigned to one, D2L administrators follow these steps:
- Go to the Classlist.
- Click the Students tab.
- Make sure all of your students are displayed on the page. Select a larger number on the per page dropdown menu on the top-right side of the page if necessary.
- Select all students using the select box above the left side of the list.
- Click the Enrollment link above the list of students.
- Click Select a Role, then select the Student option on the Set all roles to dropdown menu at the top of the page.
- Click the Set all roles button.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page. Any students who were not previously assigned to a group will be added to one.
PLEASE NOTE: Faculty do not have access to these settings, only D2L administrators. If you would like a D2L administrator to complete these steps for you, please contacts FITS@depaul.edu.