Yes. You can hide the video within the Panopto folder, by using the video’s availability settings.
Changing a Panopto Video’s Availability Settings
- Navigate to the appropriate Panopto folder.
- Locate the video you would like to hide. Choose the Settings icon beneath the video.
- The Overview section will open. Scroll to the Availability area, located at the bottom of the Overview section.
- In order to restrict the date and time that a video becomes available to students, change the date and time within “Session becomes available.”Select the bubble to the left of starting, and then manipulate the date and time fields.
- In order to restrict the date and time that a video is no longer available to students, change the date and time within “Session remains available.” Select the bubble to the left of until, and then manipulate the date and time fields. NOTE: You may choose to add only a starting or until date and time.
- The changes are saved automatically. You can use the X in the upper right corner of the window to close the page when you are done editing the dates and times. The video will now be only be available to students only during the date and time range you have specified.
If the Panopto video is also embedded within your D2L course, students will see that the video exists despite the availability dates on the video session. However, students will not be able to play the video unless they are within the video’s availability date and time range. This is an example of what students will see when a Panopto video is not currently available due to availability restrictions, but is embedded within a D2L course:
If you wish to hide the embedded video entirely, you can also date-restrict the content item or module, the news item, or the discussion in which the video is embedded. For more information on date restrictions in these contexts, see our guides to Content, News, and Discussions. For more information on using Panopto, see our Panopto Guide.