If a password appears in a D2L quiz that you do not remember intentionally adding, it may be a result of using a password manager.
When building or editing a quiz, the optional Password field appears on the Restrictions tab. Many password managers, including the popular LastPass, do not know the difference between this password field and the D2l login password field. As a result, your password manager may auto fill the quiz password field with your D2L password.
To remove an unwanted password, follow these instructions:
- Navigate to the Quizzes area of the course.
- Click on the small arrow next to the quiz you would like to update. Choose Edit from the dropdown menu.
- Navigate to the Restrictions tab.
- Delete the password in the Password field.
- Hit Save and Close at the bottom of the page.
If you continue using a password manager for D2L, every time you open the Restrictions page, your D2L password will be inserted in the Password field. If you want to prevent this from happening in the future, you should remove your D2L password from your password manager.
You can read more about using D2L Quizzes in our Quizzes guide.