In the new D2L Quiz Creation Experience, Initial Text boxes are not included as an option while building Written Response (WR) questions. If you would like to include an Initial Text box in your WR questions, you will need to turn off the new D2L Quiz Creation Experience.
These are instructions for turning off the new D2L Quiz Creation Experience:
- Navigate to the Quizzes area of your course.
- Navigate to the Question Library.
- Click the New button to release a dropdown menu of options.
- Choose Written Response Question (WR).
- Click the hovering arrow, located in the upper right corner of the question builder:
- A message will dropdown that indicates the following: “The new experience is turned on, which means you will see new screens as soon as they are available.”
- Choose Turn it off.
- A pop-up window will appear asking you for feedback.
- If the Initial Text box is a feature you use regularly, from the Would you mind telling us why you are switching back?dropdown menu choose It’s missing a feature I use.
- Provide additional details in the What could we do to make this something you’d love to use? field.
- Click Done.
- Choose the hovering arrow again to hide the message dropdown, and proceed with building your WR question in the old quiz creation experience.
Note: You can use the hovering arrow to release the option to turn the New Quiz Creation Experience back on, but the hovering arrow will have relocated to the middle of the question builder screen (rather than appearing on the right side). You can also choose to turn the New Quiz Creation Experience off and on while building other D2L question types.