There are a few reasons why links to D2L tools contained within html pages may take you to the wrong course. There are a couple best practices that will help to ensure that links function properly:
- Link to D2L tools via quicklinks. Using quicklinks rather than hard coding will help to ensure that the links update every time the course is copied. You can add a quicklink to a D2L tool by following these instructions:
- Within the html text editor, choose the Insert Quicklink button.
- Then, select the D2L tool from the list.
- Choose the appropriate folder, topic, quiz, etc. from the list.
- Rather than copying and pasting the contents of html pages, copy select components of the course using the Edit Course -> Import/Export/Copy Components workflow. If you copy and paste the contents of an html page, the quicklinks will not update to match the current course.