There is a known issue where if a student copies and pastes bad HTML code into their D2L discussion post, the Discussion topic will break and the Start a New Thread and Reply to Thread buttons will no longer be clickable. This happens if they copy in <div> tags. This issue requires the help of a D2L admin.
To fix this issue:
- Go to the affected course
- Go to Edit Course.
- Choose Discussions.
- Switch to Grid View by using the Settings gear icon.
- Access the faulty Discussion Topic.
- Manually check every student post by click on the title of each.
- To fix a student post, choose to Edit Post.
- In the Edit Post page, go to the HTML Source editor (</>).
- Look for <div> tags. If present remove them by leaving only the <p> tags with the content.
- Click Save.
- If<div> tags are not present, go to another student’s post and follow steps from 6-10 until you find the faulty post.