By default, the Grades area in D2L only displays points grades (and weighted grades if a weighted system is being used). Therefore, if an instructor opts to create text grade items or uses a letter grade scheme, students won’t be able to view their scores until an additional display option, the grade scheme symbol, is selected in the Grades area’s settings.
Releasing the Grade Scheme Symbol to Students
- Navigate to the Grades area in the course site.
- Click the Settings link at the top-right side of the page. (It has a gear icon next to it.) The “Personal Display Options” page will open.
- Click the Org Unit Display Options tab.
- Select the Grade scheme symbol box.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
For more information on setting up the Grades area of your D2L course, please see our Grades guide.